Frequently Asked Questions
Want to know more about MOBA? Sure you do! In no particular order:
Is this some kind of joke?
This institution works long and hard at building the finest bad art establishment in the world. We take our mission very seriously. Frankly, we are shocked and indignant at your derisive innuendo.
Is there a 'real' Museum of Bad Art?
Yes, there is. In addition to our website at www.MuseumOfBadArt.org, there is a permanent gallery in Massachusetts, USA. You can get the address, directions, and maps here. MOBA's permanent collection has over 700 pieces and is stored in a secure warehouse near Boston. About 25 works are exhibited at a time in our gallery in the basement of the Somerville Theater. Admission is always free.
How can I help to support MOBA?
- Sign up as a Friend Of MOBA and encourage all your friends to do the same. You will receive MOBA News via email now and again.
- Make a donation using Paypal, as little as $1 or as much as... well, as much as you want.
- Donate a painting or sculpture.
- Give MOBA gifts to everyone you know. Our online store will gleefully accept credit cards.
- Encourage your friends who run major corporations to sponsor a MOBA world tour.
- Volunteer to help with an event, photograph bad art, maintain a database, or whatever you're good at.
How can I get a free pass to visit MOBA/Somerville?
Request a pass here. Be sure to tell us how many people are coming.
How do I purge myself of MOBA membership?
Although we are disappointed, we understand. You can easily remove yourself here.